Jump to navigation Jump to search
|# of Signals||4|
|Symbol Rate||2.56 MBaud|
|Variants||DS-30, DS-30A, DS-30Y|
DS-30X Speech Links are used to carry speech and some signalling on Norstar Modular platforms.
- Four wires (arrows are controller <-> card) 
- Tx PCM →
- Rx PCM ←
- 5.12MHz Clock →
- 1kHz Frame Sync →
- Signal levels unknown
- Isolation unknown
- Clocked at 2.56MHz (half the 5.12MHz clock received from the controller)
- Carries 32 channels of PCM voice data
- Each channel consists of a 10-bit word
- 8 bits of voice data (called a "timeslot")
- 1 bit of signalling data
- 1 bit indicating "data valid"
- Signalling data is sent in 24-bit words, one bit at a time in each channel.
- Sent in both directions, one on Tx PCM and one on Rx PCM
Timing Diagram/Frame Format